Naturopathic medicine is a system of medicine that treats the whole person.
Naturopathy focuses on promoting wellness and the prevention of illness through the use of non-toxic, natural therapies. Many conditions can be treated with naturopathic medicine either as a primary therapy or as a complementary therapy alongside conventional medicine.
Primarily, naturopathy looks at helping prevent disease, obtain optimum health and restoring health knowledge in the individual. Naturopathy is about discovering and eliminating the source of the problem. Registered Naturopaths in New Zealand are the natural healing equivalent of General Practitioners and able to treat a wide variety of complaints.
Naturpathy Initial Consultation
An initial consultation will take 75minutes and involves taking a complete profile of your health and medical history. I prefer to do these in person rather than asking you to fill out forms prior to your visit as I enjoy the nuances that present themselves during consultation. After the initial consultation I generally spend 90mins+ working on your individualised treatment plan.
Naturopathy Follow-up Appointment
The follow-up consultation will take 30minutes in which we go over your personal treatment plan together, and answer any questions.
Needless to say, you can expect to find out a whole lot about yourself and about how to help heal yourself!
What should I bring to my first appointment?
Some useful things to bring to your first appointment are:
- An honest food diary of what and when you’ve eaten over the last week (a template can be sent to you upon booking or you can keep your own and bring it along)
- Details of any medications or suppliments you are taking (name & doseage)
- Details of any suppliments (herbal or nutrtional) that you are taking (name, brand and doseage)
- Copies of any medical reports or test results (blood, urine etc.) that you have had within the last 12 months
- Copies of any letters from medical specialists that you have received within the last 12 months or longer if it relates to your primary concern.
Examples of what naturopathic medicine can be used for:
- Fatigue / General malaise
- Recurring colds / flu
- Digestive disorders
- High cholesterol
- Hormonal problems
- Weight management