Dermal needling is also known as micro-needling or collagen induction therapy is a non-invasive, non-ablative facial rejuvenation procedure.
The use of a facial roller studded with very fine stainless steel needles or a mechanical pen-like instrument with medical grade needles in the tip creates controlled injury underneath the skin surface, inducing the body to respond by creating new tissue layers of elastin and collagen fibres as well as new capillaries for improved blood supply. The skin plumps and thickens, appearance of scars, lines and other skin texture changes are reduced.
Dermal Needling treatment is good for
• Skin rejuvenation
• Collagen induction therapy
• Wrinkle reduction
• Hyper pigmentation
• Pore size reduction
• Stretch marks
• Acne scarring
• Hair loss therapy
Booking's need to be made with your Beauty Therapist once a full skin consultation has been completed. For best results we will begin by getting you to do some pre treatment home care 2-4 weeks prior to a course of Dermal Needling treatments beginning. Your home roller should then be used 1 week after your first Dermal Needling treatment at Absolute Therapy.
How it works
As the micro-needles move over your skin, it creates micro-point punctures in the skin, the majority of which are simply pushing your pores open temporarily. This is perceived by the body as damage, which stimulates the release of growth factors that trigger the production of collagen and elastin. Your skin reacts to any injury by initiating the healing process. You encourage your skin to continue healing through this micro-needling process.
Your skin normally assumes that scars, stretch marks and wrinkles are repaired, but with micro-needling treatments, the skin is tricked into repairing itself. The process of micro-needling skin remodeling can go on for months after each Dermal needling treatment. Results can be seen within a week or even a few days. Your skin naturally heals itself every 45 days, so with a little micro-needling stimulation changes can be dramatic and fast.
Skin Micro-Needling is now one of the most sought after treatments in the celebrity world and is endorsed by many celebrities including Jennifer Anniston, Kim Kardashian & Angelina Jolie.
Does it hurt?
No, not at all. Prior to your Dermal needling treatment, an anesthetic cream is applied to numb your skin. You will feel the Pen/roller on your skin, so you will feel sensation, but no pain.
- How Many Treatments will I need?
The number of treatments needed does vary depending on the condition being treated, but the following are very good guidelines:
· Acne Scarring 4-6 Treatments, 6 weeks apart.
· Skin Rejuvenation/Collagen Induction 4-6 Treatments, 4 weeks apart.
- What can I expect after treatment?
The treated area will be red for 12-48 hours and your skin may feel warmer and tighter than usual. You should keep your face free of make-up that day. After that the redness can be minimized with a concealer. The skin may flake slightly 2-3 days after the procedure.
- How long do the results last?
The results from micro-needling skin remodeling can go on for months after each Dermal needling treatment. Results can be seen from one to eight weeks later. Typically you will see results after your first treatment.
Lasting and more significant results will occur after 4-6 treatments when spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart. Your skin naturally heals itself every 45 days, so with micro-needling stimulation changes can be effective and ongoing. Full effects of skin tightening might not show until 6months after your last treatment.
- Should I Prepare My Skin Before Having A Dermal needling Treatment?
For faster recovery times and optimal results we recommend using an effective active treatment cream with Vitamin A and C for a period pre and post treatment to allow your skin to build up the levels of these vitamins needed to optimise healing and repair.
If treating a specific skin condition such as acne, scars or pigmentation, then other pre & post products will be recommended.
- Are there any side effects?
Side effects experienced with the Dermal needling will usually subside within 24-48 hours. They include erythema, stinging, itching, tightness of the skin.*
- What should I do after treatment?
Using tepid water to cleanse the face for the first 48 hours following treatment and drying the area gently without rubbing; ensuring that hands are always clean when touching the area treated, to avoid infections;
not applying conventional make-up products to the skin for the first 12 hours following treatment, some mineral based make-up products are able to be applied as recommended by your practitioner; applying a broad spectrum sunscreen product with a high SPF.
- Who should not undergo this procedure?
Skin needling treatment is suitable for all skin types, including dark skins.
- However, it is not suitable for clients who have:
- Used Roaccutane within the last 3 months
- Open wounds, cuts or abrasions to the skin
- Had radiation treatment within the last year
- A current outbreak of herpes simplex (cold sores) or any other infection or chronic skin condition in the area to be treated
- Areas of the skin that are numb or lack sensation
- Have a history of keloid or hypertrophic scars or poor wound healing
- Have active acne
- Skin needling is not recommended for pregnant or lactating women due to a number of minor reasons. The needles produce micro-injuries which trigger the natural wound healing response. This wound healing and production of new collagen requires vitamins and nutrients which would otherwise be needed for the baby so it is suggested to not be used during pregnancy.
- Another minor reason is simply increasing the chances of infection which is never a good idea when pregnant.
*Individual results and experience may vary.